Troop Type Summary Sheet

A place for questions by and for the new gamer to TRIUMPH!
greedo
Squire

Troop Type Summary Sheet

Post by greedo » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:49 pm

I'm just getting up to speed on things, but to help me learn the game, I thought I'd make a troop type summary sheet.
I've found it helps me with several other games as I'm learning them.
It needs formatting, but is it worth posting here, or would that cause any kind of IP problems? Wanted to check :)

It just details out the Troop type name, movement, cf vs foot, mounted, shooting, if they pursue on beat, points costs etc..
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Troop Type Summary Sheet

Post by David Kuijt » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:09 am

It wouldn't cause any Intellectual Property concerns, no.

It would certainly be unofficial, of course. But whatever you want to do is fine. There are lots of people who have made up a variety of player's aids -- we are not responsible for their content (or errors, if any), but if you think something like that would be useful, by all means go for it. If what you make is good, other people may help you buff and improve it.

Short version: fan-made content is a good thing.
DK
Yorkshiretea
Levy

Post by Yorkshiretea » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:59 am

Greedo,

Was it you who created the DBA ones? If so great idea and I definitely use them alongside the QRS.
If it wasn't you then still a great idea for Triumph.

Andy
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:27 pm

greedo wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:49 pm
I'm just getting up to speed on things, but to help me learn the game, I thought I'd make a troop type summary sheet.
I've found it helps me with several other games as I'm learning them.
It needs formatting, but is it worth posting here, or would that cause any kind of IP problems? Wanted to check :)

It just details out the Troop type name, movement, cf vs foot, mounted, shooting, if they pursue on beat, points costs etc..
That sounds like a great idea! Please post it here if you think other players might benefit from it.

Thanks,
DS
greedo
Squire

Post by greedo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Here it is (attached). I can tweak it so if I made any mistakes or if anything is unclear. I've put DRAFT in the title so that new players aren't confused :)
Much appreciated, but alas I did not make the DBA summary sheets.
Although I did put together a summary for setting up the game, since it was always confusing to me.

This is inspired by the great Command & Colors sheet which has all the stats on one page.
I did also make index cards for my To The Strongest! armies since that's another one where sometimes the various things for each troop need to be gathered together.

I tried to separate out (much like the Triumph QRS) the troops into Close and Open Order units, and Mounted vs Foot.
Perhaps I should put headings. Feedback is always welcome!
Attachments
Triumph Troop Summary Draft.pdf
(53.52 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
greedo
Squire

Post by greedo » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:13 pm

Am trying to see if I can fit in the shattered stats (giving and receiving) into each line but there’s quite a few so would have to use 2 letter acronyms.. will share when I’ve got a draft together.
Arkein
Levy

Post by Arkein » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:31 pm

Well, thank you for the effort, it will be very helpful on the TTS mod development for sure, glad this is the first thing I read here.

Thank you!
greedo
Squire

Post by greedo » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:46 pm

Managed to squeeze in the Shattered By, as well as Rear Support. Didn't bother with exceptions or what happens when doubled since there is the outcomes summary, but at least some of the info is here.
Feedback welcome :)
Attachments
Triumph Troop Summary_12.pdf
(62.01 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:32 pm

greedo wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:46 pm
Managed to squeeze in the Shattered By, as well as Rear Support. Didn't bother with exceptions or what happens when doubled since there is the outcomes summary, but at least some of the info is here.
Feedback welcome :)
Thanks, it looks good! I am sure players will find it helpful. We have had other playing-aids created in the past and posted on the forum (scoring sheets for example), but the real question is how do players find them easily?

DS
greedo
Squire

Post by greedo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Would Washington Grand Company be willing to designate a section to "sanctioned" player aids and community uploads?
Back in the day, I found the Fanaticus site (separate from the forum) to be a FANTASTIC place for what the community had been putting together.

These days, youtube how-to videos are incredibly helpful, and these days the hard part is finding a site that is free/cheap to host that can be built to hold all the photos/pdfs.