Deployment

A place for questions by and for the new gamer to TRIUMPH!
Roundie
Squire

Deployment

Post by Roundie » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:09 pm

Okay silly Newbie Question #3
In the picture I have deployed my center command. The wooden stick denotes the center section of the battle field (less the red part on the end). Placing some rabble and light infantry behind the village I then covered the remaining open area with elements of heavy infantry. The last of which crosses into the left flank deployment area. Can I do this or must every element fit completely within a single deployment area when first placed on the table? Or could this element be placed here when I deploy my remaining troops on the flanks?
I could of course move the line over a bit, but that would place one element of heavy infantry half in the village.
deployment.JPG
deployment.JPG (489.27 KiB) Viewed 2468 times
cheers
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: Deployment

Post by Rod » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:56 pm

You have to place 24 points in the center, prioritizing any that are designated Battle Line first.

The priority is listed under 27.2 under deployment.

After you meet the 24 in the center requirement you can place anywhere up to 8 MU forward.
Roundie
Squire

Post by Roundie » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 am

Thanks Rod
I got myself a bit confused there somehow and thought that if you were the disadvantaged player you had to deploy (everything you planned to deploy) in the center first. Then after the player with the advantage had deployed his army you could deploy your remaining troops on the flanks only.

I tracked down your video on setting up a game which cleared it up for me
cheers
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:55 pm

Yeah, disadvantaged is a bit of a misnomer I think.... it is more like the dude that did not pick where the fight occurred.

But depending on the situation and the army, I really like setting up my non-battle line second :) especially with lots of mounted forces.