Single stand movement

A place for questions by and for the new gamer to TRIUMPH!
Jharrison779
Levy

Single stand movement

Post by Jharrison779 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:01 am

Hello,

I have played through a full game now solo, and just have to queries that I wanted to confirm. I think I know the answer already.

Just wanted to check that a single stand's movement in any direction includes an about face in position.

Secondly, when a unit is in front combat and rear or flank combat, and this unit wins the frontal combat, both the flank/rear unit also falls back as well as the front combat enemy unit?
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: Single stand movement

Post by Rod » Wed May 18, 2022 7:54 pm

Jharrison779 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:01 am
Just wanted to check that a single stand's movement in any direction includes an about face in position.
Measure the farthest moving front corner, so a change in facing has to include the movement of the corners flipping sides too.
Jharrison779 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:01 am
Secondly, when a unit is in front combat and rear or flank combat, and this unit wins the frontal combat, both the flank/rear unit also falls back as well as the front combat enemy unit?
Yes
Jharrison779
Levy

Post by Jharrison779 » Wed May 18, 2022 8:15 pm

Thanks Rod, thought so.

And in the same situation, a unit has an enemy unit in front and flank/rear combat and that unit wins by double. Are both enemy units in combat destroyed in this case? Or just the unit in front combat?
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Wed May 18, 2022 10:00 pm

Jharrison779 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:15 pm

And in the same situation, a unit has an enemy unit in front and flank/rear combat and that unit wins by double. Are both enemy units in combat destroyed in this case? Or just the unit in front combat?
In this case, just the unit in front combat would be destroyed or suffer the result of the doubling (i.e. evade or panic for example). Supporting units on the flank or rear would still fallback.

The only time a stand in the flank or rear contact would be destroyed in combat would be if it was the only combatant.

And you are welcome.