Moving in tight quarters and coming to grips?

A place to ask specific rules questions about TRIUMPH!
waynel001
Levy

Moving in tight quarters and coming to grips?

Post by waynel001 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:49 pm

I was playing a Han Chinese vs. Roman fun scenario, and had a Han chariot burst through the Roman line, followed by a flanking raider. The Romans turned to protect the flank, and now everything looks stuck. The Chariot can't come into contact with teh Roman EF because the angles are wrong. They're both single stands so they can't force him to conform. I guess I could move the raider completely out of the way and then the chariot could just swing around? (the chariot is NOT in ZOC, although it's close). It just feels like I should be able to hit him in the front with the raider and *mostly* in the flank with teh chariot. Rather than being stuck there (not enough room to swing his backside around without hitting the other EF)
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (35.61 KiB) Viewed 2668 times
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: Moving in tight quarters and coming to grips?

Post by Rod » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:01 am

Not sure I see the problem?

The Raider can hit the EF to it's front. The Chariot could swing into help with an overlap or hit the other EF on the flank.

In the Raider on EF fight with chariot overlap, the blue EF has no retreat option and dies if it loses the combat roll by 1.

So it seems like there are several ways to press the attack.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:22 pm

I also don't see a problem -- it looks like there is enough space for a flank attack by the chariot in your image, but you don't need a flank attack anyway, as the Elite Foot has its recoil blocked. The math is the same with an overlap (and the chariot has the movement distance to overlap on either side, if the Raider comes in first.
DK
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:23 pm

Perhaps the appropriate question is this -- why do you think things are stuck?
DK
waynel001
Levy

Post by waynel001 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:07 pm

THat's a good point about the math being the same, just going for an overlap. It just seemed like a lot of adjusting instead of just *Charging*

Thanks. As it happens, that's what I did (raider chariot overlap), but the Romans rolled their way out of it.