Figures and basing.

A place to ask specific rules questions about TRIUMPH!
SeanApDaniel
Levy

Figures and basing.

Post by SeanApDaniel » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:47 am

Building a Ancient Germatic army. My rule book says javelin Cavalry is 2 models per base. Is that correct? I use to 3 in most rules for such cavarly.
chris6
Squire

Re: Figures and basing.

Post by chris6 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:17 am

Jep, Javelin Cavalry is only 2 Horse per Base, that makes them different from Bad Horse. These are 3 Horse per Base.
SeanApDaniel
Levy

Post by SeanApDaniel » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:07 am

Thank you. I'm new at this. My friend gave me a boatload of old lead minis. Sorting them out there seems to be enought to build 3 full armies with the options. 15mm is not my normal scale. And the different base sizes and figures per base surprise me.
chris6
Squire

Post by chris6 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:26 am

Jep, I takes a few days to get used to the basing. The Apendix about the Troops and what is behind them helped me a lot.
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:03 pm

Keep in mind that the numbers of figures per base are optional. The rules provide recommended number of figures per base to help visually differentiate between similar troop types. I think the bigger issue is to be consistent with basing within your collection. And then if you do something that doesn't follow the normal standard and play with others, just take a moment to let them know what your figures represent.

DS
chris6
Squire

Post by chris6 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Me and my Playing Body thought about this a while. Actually I do prefer 2mm miniatures or blocks if you want. He is strictly 15mm. That is why i did went the 15mm way too, but only with the "official" basing. We are planning a tournament or small german player meeting the following year and then it is easier if everybody goes with the rules.