Using Impetus bases for Triumph

A place to ask specific rules questions about TRIUMPH!
DanielMoreno
Levy

Using Impetus bases for Triumph

Post by DanielMoreno » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:23 am

I have a friend that has all his armies based for Impetus on 120mm x 40mm inf, 120mm x 60mm cav stands etc. So if we used these stands as a single element I am calculating we would need a 9.5' x 6'3 table by basically double the 30mm MU table size in the book. Would it be fine to use a slightly smaller table, say a 8' x 6' or would that skew the game too much??
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Re: Using Impetus bases for Triumph

Post by David Schlanger » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:42 pm

DanielMoreno wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:23 am
I have a friend that has all his armies based for Impetus on 120mm x 40mm inf, 120mm x 60mm cav stands etc. So if we used these stands as a single element I am calculating we would need a 9.5' x 6'3 table by basically double the 30mm MU table size in the book. Would it be fine to use a slightly smaller table, say a 8' x 6' or would that skew the game too much??
I don't think a slightly smaller table will have a big impact. You will need to scale down things accordingly to get the terrain cards to work. I might consider keeping the central deployment zone at its normal size just for purposes of deployment (not terrain placement). But I wouldn't fuss too much about it. It should be flexible and I expect it to work well if you are close on the size of the playing area.

DS
DanielMoreno
Levy

Re: Using Impetus bases for Triumph

Post by DanielMoreno » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:30 pm

David Schlanger wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:42 pm
DanielMoreno wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:23 am
I don't think a slightly smaller table will have a big impact. You will need to scale down things accordingly to get the terrain cards to work. I might consider keeping the central deployment zone at its normal size just for purposes of deployment (not terrain placement). But I wouldn't fuss too much about it. It should be flexible and I expect it to work well if you are close on the size of the playing area.

DS
Thank you, David!