How to measure command distance?

A place to ask specific rules questions about TRIUMPH!
mpademko
Levy

How to measure command distance?

Post by mpademko » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:09 am

What does it mean for a group of stands to be in command distance? Is it that any part of the group is within command distance of any part of the general, even if some of the stands in the group are beyond command distance?

The rules for determining line of sight for command are pretty clear, but I am less confident of my reading of the rules for distance.
El' Jocko
Grand Master WGC

Re: How to measure command distance?

Post by El' Jocko » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:41 pm

mpademko wrote:What does it mean for a group of stands to be in command distance? Is it that any part of the group is within command distance of any part of the general, even if some of the stands in the group are beyond command distance?

The rules for determining line of sight for command are pretty clear, but I am less confident of my reading of the rules for distance.
That's correct. As long as at least one stand in the group is within the general's command distance, the group may move without the +1 command point.
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 pm

Jack, what if the guy on the far end of the group decides to separate and move individually? +1 pip right?
El' Jocko
Grand Master WGC

Post by El' Jocko » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Rod wrote:Jack, what if the guy on the far end of the group decides to separate and move individually? +1 pip right?
That's right.
  • When moving as a single stand, that stand must start within the command distance of the general or the move costs +1.
  • When moving as a group, at least one stand that is moving as part of the group must start within the command distance of the general or the move costs +1.