Depth of Pike elements

A place to ask specific rules questions about TRIUMPH!
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: Depth of Pike elements

Post by Rod » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:58 pm

This is where the sequence of combat matters. Also, warband don't get rear support Warriors do. Pike, Warriors, light spear, Deep Hoplites (battle card)...

So let's assume it is a rear supported element vs an eligible target for that support, the short answer is yes they get the support if that is the first combat of the round and this is the position at the time of the roll.

So assuming you find yourself in this position and it is Element A players turn (i.e. there was a lot of tied rolls last turn). The Element A player chooses the order of combat, if they choose to fight to the front, they get rear support and if they win the two attackers fallback (front could be shattered depending on type). If they lose then the front Element A is destroyed and the rear stand stays put, but still has to fight a flank combat with the unit on it's flank.

The alternative is that the Element A could have fought with the rear stand to the flank first. If it won that combat and drove off the flanking stand then when Element A fights to the front and a loss would not necessarily cause the death of Element A. Element A could fall back through or pushback the rear stand.
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Brummbär » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:02 pm

Thanks!
Helped a lot - and sorry for the intermixing of warband and warriors.
Does not make the situation more clear if you do not use the right terminology. :oops:
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:34 pm

No worries, that happens a lot with warband and warriors. My Son still can't keep those two straight.
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Brummbär » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:37 pm

Sounds like I qualify for adoption :lol:
chris6
Squire

Post by chris6 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:49 pm

Nope, no way, you stay here as long as i need to paint all the armies you can print and as longs as you are my only playing mate! :lol:
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Brummbär » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: