Still Can't Get Meshwesh to Work

Discuss anything about Washington Grand Company Products (TRIUMPH!, MESHWESH, TERRAIN CARDS, ETC.)
Deuce
Squire

Still Can't Get Meshwesh to Work

Post by Deuce » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:41 pm

On three different devices, all I get is headings with 'No x found' or no x entered'. Has anyone else had this problem?

Its frustrating. I played and liked the game at Coldwars. Will I have this same problem if I 'buy'/license the rules?

Thanks for any help.
El' Jocko
Grand Master WGC

Re: Still Can't Get Meshwesh to Work

Post by El' Jocko » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Deuce wrote:On three different devices, all I get is headings with 'No x found' or no x entered'. Has anyone else had this problem?

Its frustrating. I played and liked the game at Coldwars. Will I have this same problem if I 'buy'/license the rules?

Thanks for any help.
Hi -

I'm working on an update to the Meshwesh website that may provide some help for you. Though I can't be sure since I haven't been able to recreate the problem that you've encountered.

The Early Access Edition of the rules are a PDF file that you would need to download through the Wargame Vault website. However, the army lists are only available through the Meshwesh website at this time. The rules do not include the army lists in the PDF.

I'll post something when the new version of the website is available.

- Jack
Deuce
Squire

Post by Deuce » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Thank you!
It does show the unit types and costs, just not any armies.
El' Jocko
Grand Master WGC

Post by El' Jocko » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Deuce wrote:Thank you!
It does show the unit types and costs, just not any armies.
I've updated the Meshwesh website. It does more error checking now and will automatically try a second time if it can't download any of the army list data. I don't know if this will correct the problem that you're seeing, but it should help.

In case this update doesn't help, I have another question for you. Are you able to see the list of Thematic Categories? And do you encounter the same problem if you click on any army list from that view?

- Jack
Deuce
Squire

Post by Deuce » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:06 pm

That didn't help. I can click all three choices from the main site. I can see the unit choices. I can see the thematic armies after picking one off the list, but when I click them I get the same 'no data'.

If you give me a text or email, I can send you a screenshot.
El' Jocko
Grand Master WGC

Post by El' Jocko » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Deuce wrote:That didn't help. I can click all three choices from the main site. I can see the unit choices. I can see the thematic armies after picking one off the list, but when I click them I get the same 'no data'.

If you give me a text or email, I can send you a screenshot.
Private message sent with my email address...
Deuce
Squire

Post by Deuce » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Will do. Thanks!
Deuce
Squire

Post by Deuce » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Could it be the Javascript thing you mentioned?
El' Jocko
Grand Master WGC

Post by El' Jocko » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:41 pm

Deuce wrote:Could it be the Javascript thing you mentioned?
Probably not. If you had Javascript turned off you wouldn't see anything at all. Based on the screenshots you sent me, my guess is that there's a timing issue in one of the software libraries that we use for our website. I don't know why it would only affect you, but it seems to be the most likely culprit.

I've changed our software to work around this issue and have deployed a new version of Meshwesh. As a bonus, I've also worked to reduce the size of some of the data retrievals so things should be a little bit snappier, especially on mobile devices.

Hopefully this release fixes things for you. As usual, let me know if you continue to have problems. I'm cautiously optimistic that this release will take care of things--but I've been writing software for long enough to not make any assumptions.

- Jack
Deuce
Squire

Post by Deuce » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:23 pm

It never did work. Now I don't get the armys from the thematic groups either.

Oh well. Thanks for trying!