Undefeated!

Description of battles, photos, videos, victory!
Kontos
Companion-at-Arms

Undefeated!

Post by Kontos » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:38 am

No. No. Not me. DK made the trip out to Huzzah Hobbies and we got 3 games in and caught up on things. It has been a while so it was great seeing you, my friend. It was good to get in some experience with different troop types as I feel I am learning a new game. Experience in DBA only goes so far then Triumph! accelerates with more nuance and finesse that only game time will teach you.

Game one was my new Nubian army against NKE. Poor deployment and matchups spelled doom for the Nubians and DK won handily.

Game two was a repeat matchup with a repeat result. The Nubians lack a mounted arm but
I feel in the right circumstances will be a very fun army to play.

Game three I got to try out my Picts in preparation for Fall In. DK had no Vikings with him but his Sea Peoples are very similar in organization. My advantage was my 3 Jav Cav but an ill fated attack on his flank meant my Light Spear had to do battle with his Raiders and Elite Foot. I double ranked and fought the Raiders to even up but could not match the power of his Elites. I should have timed my mounted attack better but I went headlong too early. Another fun game.

I don't have to tell you how great Triumph! is. It is just that much better when done with old friends.

Thanks for making the trip, DK!
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Undefeated!

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:20 am

It was great playing you, Frank. And thanks for the kind words about Triumph! -- it's always nice to hear that our efforts to make the game the best possible are appreciated.

It was also good to see that Chris (owner of Huzzah Hobbies) has expanded, with a much bigger gaming area. I talked with him last night about using Huzzah as the playtest location for my Pelennor Field scenario that I'll be running at Fall In. Date and time as yet unknown -- probably mid October.
DK
Kontos
Companion-at-Arms

Re: Undefeated!

Post by Kontos » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:52 am

That is awesome! We have to create buzz about that. My locals aren't drawn to historical ancients that much but to see a fantasy game played with Triumph! just may be what is needed to draw them into the rules. First olive out of the jar theory. Keep me posted.