My first Triumph! games...

Description of battles, photos, videos, victory!
Kontos
Companion-at-Arms

My first Triumph! games...

Post by Kontos » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:55 am

...finally. Finally! I drove to Huzzah Hobbies and got 2 games in with Chris, the owner. I brought my Early Russians and Early Polish for our first go round. We took our time checking for rules differences, clarifications, etc. Triumph! played seamlessly as we adjusted to the movement units and host of new troop types.

Game 1 saw Chris fall into his old DBA ways and headlong charging with his Knight General. The Russians, me, kept losing and sucking the Polish King deeper and deeper into his ultimate destruction.

Game 2 saw the Russian light horse harrassing the Polish knights ultimately Shattering 2 along with their Jav Cav. The main battelines then clashed. With no threat to the Russian knights on their flank anymore they crashed into the Polish heavy foot supported by the Russian spear. More shattering and the Polish line crumbled. A decisive 18-4 Russian victory.

Chris has asked me to help arouse interest and has invited the 2 Davids to organize a tournament(s) at Huzzah whenever they are ready. I hope we can make that happen!
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: My first Triumph! games...

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:49 am

Kontos wrote: Chris has asked me to help arouse interest and has invited the 2 Davids to organize a tournament(s) at Huzzah whenever they are ready. I hope we can make that happen!
Sounds good to me. DS' schedule will be the sticking point, as always, since he has offspring. Ask again post-Historicon, to put it in the front of our minds then.
DK