Chariot Supremacy! Campaign Theme for Cold Wars (March 2018)

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
Spencer
Squire

Re: Chariot Supremacy! Campaign Theme for Cold Wars (March 2018)

Post by Spencer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:11 am

I'm gonna work on Minoan/Mycenaean by Magistar Militum for this. MMMM......
michaelguth
Squire

Post by michaelguth » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:50 am

I think I have all the armies, but I might not have enough bow levy to provide them all at once. Let me know if you need help. I have triple HIttites for BBT BBDBA; yes, the Gazgans are nicer.... darn.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:34 pm

michaelguth wrote:I think I have all the armies, but I might not have enough bow levy to provide them all at once. Let me know if you need help. I have triple HIttites for BBT BBDBA; yes, the Gazgans are nicer.... darn.
Thanks, Mike. We'd appreciate some loaners, you bet. We'll try to remember to talk closer to the event when we have an idea of what loaners might be needed.
DK
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:15 pm

Still too early for signups on this one, but I'm copying it forward so it is in people's minds again since we'll be submitting it for the PEL soon. For anyone who has only one army (or has the firm intent to paint their first army within this theme for the event), as always if you let us know in advance through email or by signing up here, we will move heaven and earth to make sure you get to play it. For people (like me) who have bunches of armies in this theme, please let a month or so go by before you try to sign up, so those with few armies (or who want to paint one for this theme) don't get locked out of their dream by those with zillions of options.

Here are the rough draft armies for the Campaign Theme:
  • Early Nine Bows Libyan
  • Syro-Canaanite or Ugaritic (multiple armies)
  • Mitanni
  • Middle Assyrian
  • Kassite and Later Babylonian (this is the Kassite Kingdom of Babylon)
  • Amurru and Early Aramaean
  • Midianites and Early Arab
  • Middle Elam (Kingdom of Elam)
  • Early New Kingdom Egyptian (multiple armies)
  • Viceroys of Kush
  • Minoan and Early Mycenaean (multiple armies)
  • Hittite Empire (multiple armies)
  • Various Wild Tribes (might be in or might not, depending on interest; we'd certainly like at least a couple of these guys):
    • Gasgans
    • Zagros or Anatolian Highlanders
    • Kassites, Hurrians, or Nairi
    • Urnfield Culture North Europe
The Urnfield Culture North Europe is not actually on-map at this point (it is starting to develop in Poland), but we have no real evidence as to the tribes directly outside the Mycenaean Greek and Hittite spheres in what is now Thrace, and the pre-Urnfield "Early Bronze Age North Europe" army list does not seem appropriate to what evidence we do have. So the Urnfield list here represents the Phrygians, Lycians, proto-Illyrians, proto-Thracians, and whatever Greek tribes were still outside the Mycenaean palace culture military system.
DK
Spencer
Squire

Post by Spencer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Got Magistar Militum Mycenians up on nails and primed today? The scupts are nice and casting was good. Dendra panoply getting ready to charge!
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:48 pm

So, in an effort to make this easier to run at the convention we need to get organized with loaners well in advance. If you would like to help out by providing a loaner army please post here or let me know. We will have 8 PEL tickets for this event for likely new players who will need loaners and I expect at least 2-4 other players that need loaners. As I find out about the loaners I will post the info here so we can keep track.

Thanks,
DS