Triumph! at SSG - Sunday August the 13th

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
Kontos
Companion-at-Arms

Re: Triumph! at SSG - Sunday August the 13th

Post by Kontos » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Gregorius wrote:Well today I had my first experience with Triumph! All in all I enjoyed it. After 5 games I won 2, lost 2 and had 1 drawn game. Some of the interactions proved to be interesting and there were enough similarities with DBA for me not to feel completely lost. Hopefully I'll have more games in the near future. Thanks to all my opponents and to Stephen Webb for running such a great day.

Cheers,
I am no expert by far and only have a few more games in than you do, Greg, but I found it an easy transition from DBA usually only referring to the new ZOC rules more than other rules. The core and spirit of the game is indeed what we are used to but the scope of the battlefield tends to change gameplay mindset more than the rules do. :D
adrianwilliams
Levy

Post by adrianwilliams » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:48 pm

I had a great day - winning four games and losing one.

Some idiot brought three noisy children along to join the festivities, so he had to spend a fair bit of time keeping them in check, though Bridget and Nicholas were very happy on the way home to have come away with victories in some games. Andrew wasn't too morose not having won a game.

I am really pleased at how Warriors work. I agree with the reduction for rear support from 2 to 1 for Warriors. They are still potentially formidable against even Elite Foot. I got to play the Galatian/ Marian Roman match up a few times, using each side, and I enjoyed it immensely.

Please rename Bad Horse. I suppose the real gist of that troop type is that is not that fast or effective. Perhaps "Slow Horse", or just "Horse"? "Inertia Cav"?

Adrian
Kontos
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Kontos » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Just Cavalry would work too. Nothing special as a name or a troop type so it fits and doesn't interfere with higher nomenclature as that would be Mounted. :D
Stephen Webb
Levy

Post by Stephen Webb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:56 am

We had eight attendees who played twenty games of Triumph!.

Two were from the club, six were visitors and three were juniors.

The two more experienced players vied for first spot with Ian being victorious in the end.

By the way, always good to see you Greg.

Eventually, I will post a full report.
Triumph! - The rule set that we have been waiting for since 1991!