Possible Weekend Event in PA

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
Wendy
Levy

Possible Weekend Event in PA

Post by Wendy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:36 am

Hi all,

Tim and I need practice (obviously) - both for doubles and singles. We would love to host a weekend Triumph event at our house in Kennett Square, PA. We think it's about halfway for those in NJ and MD and close to those in PA and DE. We have plenty of tables, space, and parking, but you must bring your own armies and mats. We are considering two weekends.

Your choices:
April 28 - 30
or
June 23 - 25.

Accommodations aren't fab, but include 3 couches, a folding cot, an air mattress, plenty of floor space, and 1 (in June) or 2 (in April) spare bedrooms. There are also hotels and lovely B&Bs very close by. Food will be BYO or we'll buck-up for delivery and BYOB for all beverages.

Please indicate below, if you're interested, which dates work best for you -- and spread the word. Because the April date is approaching quickly, please indicate your choice by Sunday, April 9th.

We hope this will work out for enough people to make it a lot of fun. We're always up for fun.

Cheers!
"...the woman warrior who is armed with wit and courage will be among the first to celebrate victory."
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Possible Weekend Event in PA

Post by David Kuijt » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:57 pm

I can probably make June 23-25 -- not absolutely certain because my schedule is not completely under my control in June, but probably. End of April is too close to the end of the semester for me to take a weekend off -- too much grading to do. If you can get a third player for June I'll try to make it up to be a fourth.
DK
jdesmond
Squire

Re: Possible Weekend Event in PA

Post by jdesmond » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Salutations, gentlefolk !

Am quite interested in proposed events. Would hope my friends in Malvern might lend me sofa, if they wished not to join us.

Would mention that 4/29 is the Miniature Figure Collectors of America show - mfcashow.com - in Trevose. Would like to get to that. Also that my friends in Cherry Hill plan to have a big _Close Action_ game 'sometime in late June...'

We need to change the calendar to a six-day week and increase the supply of weekends ;-)

Yours, John