Pelennor Field: Historicon 2017

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Pelennor Field: Historicon 2017

Post by David Kuijt » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:06 pm

Pelennor Field.

The might of Mordor comes to crush its long-time foe; Gondor is surrounded, undermanned, and nearly without hope. The massed forces of Umbar, Harad, and Uruks innumerable surround it, and as dawn breaks the main gate of Minas Tirith is shattered and the Witch King of Angmar rides in. But wait! In the distance sound horns! Rohan comes unlooked for! A sword day, a red day, and the sun rising!

Replay the greatest battle of the Third Age of Middle Earth using TRIUMPH! fast play rules for Ancient and Medieval battles. All armies provided; 10 players. Adults only, or responsible teenagers with participating parent.
DK
Scott Kastler
Levy

Re: Pelennor Field: Historicon 2017

Post by Scott Kastler » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:12 pm

Sounds great. Count me in.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:48 pm

Scott Kastler wrote:Sounds great. Count me in.
We are scheduled to run it twice, Scott. You might be able to play both sides once!

If I get enough bases done far enough in advance, I might be trying to run a practice run before the convention. It will require moving much of my furniture out of the living room to get the 16' x 5' table in, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

The hard part will likely be building Minas Tirith. I'm thinking it might be wise to construct it in 15mm figure scale, since it is usually wise to go down one or more scales with terrain pieces.
DK
Scott Kastler
Levy

Post by Scott Kastler » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi Dave,
I was Just looking at the PEL for Historicon and they have your second game listed at what would be 12 midnight on Saturday (although is does say 12am, Im not sure how the am/pm works for 12 midnight I like the 24 hr clock better).

Also BTW, if you do get to run a play test and need some help/players, let me know I'd love to sit in.

Scott
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:31 am

Scott Kastler wrote:I was Just looking at the PEL for Historicon and they have your second game listed at what would be 12 midnight on Saturday (although is does say 12am, Im not sure how the am/pm works for 12 midnight I like the 24 hr clock better).

Also BTW, if you do get to run a play test and need some help/players, let me know I'd love to sit in.
12 noon is wrong; 12 midnight is also wrong. It should be in the morning.

I'm frantically painting 10 armies now; I'll let you know when we get to a playtest stage.
DK