Page 1 of 1

Supporting Bowmen

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:43 pm
by Kontos
Quick question...do Light Spear gain benefit from this card?

Re: Supporting Bowmen

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:36 pm
by David Kuijt
Depends upon the army.

Statistically, there is no foot type that gets the benefit even 50% of the time. And almost every foot type without missile weapons might get the benefit in at least one army -- I think even Pike get it in the Minoans, although I might be misremembering.

So depends upon the army.

Re: Supporting Bowmen

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:41 pm
by Kontos
David Kuijt wrote:Depends upon the army.

Statistically, there is no foot type that gets the benefit even 50% of the time. And almost every foot type without missile weapons might get the benefit in at least one army -- I think even Pike get it in the Minoans, although I might be misremembering.

So depends upon the army.

Thanks David. I will await the "supportable" updates to Meshwesh. That is where we will find these, yes? Unless I am old and blind. Oh, I already am. :D

Re: Supporting Bowmen

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:46 pm
by David Kuijt
Ghurids, German Peasant Republics, Spring and Autumn Chinese, most of the Warring States, all their Light Spear are Supportable. Picts are not.

Re: Supporting Bowmen

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:53 pm
by David Kuijt
Kontos wrote:Thanks David. I will await the "supportable" updates to Meshwesh. That is where we will find these, yes?


The data is entered in the master files; the update will be downloaded soon. There are unresolved issues with how the information is displayed, though, so it is unlikely you'll see it by Historicon. Especially since I'm going up to Boston for a Robotics Science and Systems conference tomorrow.

Re: Supporting Bowmen

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:34 pm
by Kontos
I can wait but, in the meantime, can you or DS tell me if Akkadians or Sumerians qualify? Moot point if games at HCon will NOT include Battle Cards.

Re: Supporting Bowmen

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:42 pm
by David Kuijt
Kontos wrote:I can wait but, in the meantime, can you or DS tell me if Akkadians or Sumerians qualify? Moot point if games at HCon will NOT include Battle Cards.


Battle Cards are only being used for events where every player has the full information available about them -- which means in Sharp Johnny (the Campaign Theme) only. The campaign document has both the battle card rules AND the army list data on which army lists have each battle card. For the 15mm Open tournaments nobody has that info except me, Jack, and DS, so there won't be Battle Cards there, I think.

In other words, a moot point for your Akkad/Sumer army this Historicon.

FYI, though:
Early Sumerian: Pack Train and Herds (pack donkeys)
Gilgamesh Era Sumerian: same
Great Revolt Sumerian: same
Sumerian Successor States: same
Akkadian:
  • Pack Train and Herds (pack donkeys)
  • Fortified Camp (ditch and bank)
  • 0-2 Prepared Defenses (pits)

So none of them have Supporting Bowmen.

Re: Supporting Bowmen

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:46 pm
by Kontos
That is awesome. Thanks!