Grass Tufts

Share information about terrain making and battlefield mats
Michigan Larry
Levy

Grass Tufts

Post by Michigan Larry » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:07 am

Looking for some grass tufts for my basing. Been turned onto Gamers Grass, really cool stuff, looking to purchase it only found two retailers in the US:
Things from the Basement, LLC out of CT
Kings Hobbies out of St Louis

Anybody have experience with either retailer?
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Grass Tufts

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:47 am

I know nothing about their grass tufts, but I bought the Wizards Tower from Things from the Basement at Fall In and it is simply the coolest thing I've ever seen for crafting. I've got it completely put together and mostly painted as a cool 28mm Camp for Fantasy Triumph, and I'm probably going to get another to use for a much more custom-built camp as a prize for someone else.

None of which helps you with their grass tufts, but I can tell you that their other products are very fine.
DK
gmcalum2001
Levy

Post by gmcalum2001 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:52 pm

I cannot speak to the Gamer's Grass but if you need other options, I have used both Army Painter and GW grass tufts. I like them because they are basically a grass tuft sticker. The effect works very well.
doomseeker.jpg
doomseeker.jpg (91 KiB) Viewed 13011 times
While the figure is 28mm (roughly) there are smaller tufts. The Army Painter brand is much less expensive. Hope this helps. At the very least it gives you a visual of the grass:)

Greg
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:37 am

I have not tried those, but recently did work with Gamer Grass:

http://www.gamersgrass.com/

One of the better ones I have found. I still use super glue to hold them down, pressing the center with an exacto blade.
gmcalum2001
Levy

Post by gmcalum2001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Hey Michigan Larry,

It looks as if the Gamer's grass, Army Painter, GW stuff, etc are all the same, basically. At least this gives you a couple other options if you are unsure about the vendors you mentioned.

Rod, thanks for the link. First time seeing it.

Greg
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:43 am

I just bought a whole raft of colors from Things from the Basement, Larry. I need them to complete my Darkest Africa 28mm Fantasy army with Golden Idol with flames coming from its belly (battery-powered flames). Plus zillions of other projects.

I'll let you know how it goes. Shipping (on $39 of grass tufts and $26 of wizard's tower) was $10 Priority Mail, which is reasonable these days.
DK
Michigan Larry
Levy

Post by Michigan Larry » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:06 pm

Thanks guys, I am going with the Basement. Just wanted to make sure if anyone had problems with the vendor. Dave, did not realize you got the Wizard Tower from them at Fall-In. I will be ordering the tufts from them this afternoon.

Larry
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:12 pm

Michigan Larry wrote:Thanks guys, I am going with the Basement. Just wanted to make sure if anyone had problems with the vendor. Dave, did not realize you got the Wizard Tower from them at Fall-In. I will be ordering the tufts from them this afternoon.

Larry
He already shipped mine; I'll have them before Christmas.
DK
Michigan Larry
Levy

Post by Michigan Larry » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:25 am

Shipped mine same day.
Michigan Larry
Levy

Post by Michigan Larry » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:42 am

Just got my shipment of Grass Tufts from "Things from the Basement". Very happy, I can see ordering again.

Larry