Khurasan 15mm Gasgan (Kaska) range

A place to share information about figures and other models
FanatiChris
Squire

Khurasan 15mm Gasgan (Kaska) range

Post by FanatiChris » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Not sure how long this range has been out, but just noticed the addition of a Gasgan (Kaska) range to Khurasan's 15mm historical offerings. Range consists of mixed warband (which can be used with shields as Triumph raiders, warriors or warband and without shield as rabble), plus chariot nobles, archers, slingers, and a forthcoming code of "bodyguard" archers. They are beefy looking with the long straight Anatolian hair. At first glance, they look like a bunch of little Conans, to the point I actually checked the Cimmerian (Kimmerian) list to see if I could use them there..but alas, those are mostly mounted lists.

Catalog at: http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/gasgan.html
markleslie4
Squire

Re: Khurasan 15mm Gasgan (Kaska) range

Post by markleslie4 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:17 am

Some of them do appear to have an extra dollop of Neanderthal genes than the rest of us. Fire and Ice came to mind, though they would have to lose most of their gear and being Khurasan I imagine they are a tiny true 15mm.
Thief. Reaver. Slayer.
Andreas Johansson
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Andreas Johansson » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:00 pm

The range is pretty new, released this year I believe.

I was a bit saddened to see the Conanesque look they went for, because it means they just won't do next to my skinny Chariot bronze age figures.

Still, in themselves they're nice figures. If HOTT was more of a thing around here, I might get them for that.
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:54 pm

I like them, they look like they would mix reasonably well with Essex?

I have their Indian spear/rabble and they do ok next to my Essex Classical Indians.

If I get my Sea People painted, I may order some.