The General's Element

A place to talk about MESHWESH army lists
Tony Aguilar
Levy

The General's Element

Post by Tony Aguilar » Wed May 17, 2017 5:02 pm

While exploring the army lists, I had a question that came up.
Is the General’s element included in the Required Troops category?
The Sui Chinese list, for example, does not have a listing for “Knights” under required troops yet it says that the general’s element can be one.

http://meshwesh.wgcwar.com/armyList/58c ... 8d/explore

If that is the case, then it would mean that the general’s element is IN ADDITION to the limitations on the Required Troops.

(So in this list example, that list could have 3 Cataphracts - General’s element plus a max of two more)
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Re: The General's Element

Post by David Schlanger » Wed May 17, 2017 5:50 pm

I think this may be a case where Knight is listed as a General option incorrectly... or something is missing from the army list. There is no option for Knight in the entire list that I can see.

But more focused on your question. If the army allows 1-2 Cataphracts and it says that Cataphracts can be a General, you can not have 3 Cataphracts. Either you have one that is the General, or you have two, one of which is the General. In other words, it is not in addition to the limitations.

DS
Tony Aguilar
Levy

Post by Tony Aguilar » Wed May 17, 2017 6:29 pm

David Schlanger wrote:I think this may be a case where Knight is listed as a General option incorrectly... or something is missing from the army list. There is no option for Knight in the entire list that I can see.

But more focused on your question. If the army allows 1-2 Cataphracts and it says that Cataphracts can be a General, you can not have 3 Cataphracts. Either you have one that is the General, or you have two, one of which is the General. In other words, it is not in addition to the limitations.

DS
Ok, cool.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Thu May 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Tony Aguilar wrote: The Sui Chinese list, for example, does not have a listing for “Knights” under required troops yet it says that the general’s element can be one.
That was spotted in March (maybe Feb?) and has been fixed for two months in the master database; new version should be uploaded fairly soon.

Minor fixes like this don't create any sense of urgency for uploading the new version when there are higher-priority things being worked on. In this case, Battle Cards -- the Battle Cards require extensive additions to the army list database, as they are (all) army-list specific.
DK