One gentle hill in arable?

Anything else related to the TRIUMPH! rules
MarkusB
Squire

One gentle hill in arable?

Post by MarkusB » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:13 pm

It seems like you can only choose one gentle hill in arable topography, but any number of steep/wooded hills... I don't understand the aim of this rule.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: One gentle hill in arable?

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:06 pm

We'll take a look at it this weekend. Just off the top of my head, though, I'd point out that gentle hills count as open terrain -- allowing anyone to take too many of those is essentially allowing them to play at their choice on a pool table (okay, a warped pool table) with no difficult terrain. That has been allowed for Steppe topography, where it is fairly common in the real world, but in most cases arable topography would have lots of places with things growing in them that wouldn't be ideal terrain for mounted.
DK
MarkusB
Squire

Post by MarkusB » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:58 pm

A-ha, got it. Now it makes sense. And after all, 'arable' inhabitants worth their salt should already have planted grapes on all gentle hills close by... :-)
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:56 pm

MarkusB wrote:A-ha, got it. Now it makes sense. And after all, 'arable' inhabitants worth their salt should already have planted grapes on all gentle hills close by... :-)
And most of the steep ones, too!
DK