Question on Combat Results

A place for questions by and for the new gamer to TRIUMPH!
Hammer
Levy

Question on Combat Results

Post by Hammer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:52 am

Hi, I am a newb at DBA and Triumph and I will be at Cold Wars. I am writing up my own notes on the rules and quick reference charts. With that said, I think the rules are very well written. I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me.

The Quick Reference exceptions for COMBAT Results. Sometimes the references to OPEN TERRAIN in the DESTROYED (pink area), are unclear to me.

Starting from the top; 1) “Elite Cav or Jav Cav and in Open Terrain” do both Cav need to be in Open or is just Jav Cav? Could it also be worded “Open Terrain; Elite Cav, Jav Cav”

2) “Horse Bow, Battle Taxi, or Chariots and in Open Terrain” do all three need to be in Open or is it just Chariots?
Could it also be worded “Open Terrain; Elite Cav, Jav Cav, Chariots”

3) “Elephants in Open Terrain Heavy Foot or Warriors” I am 95% sure you mean that the Foot does not have to be in the Open.
Could it also be worded “Heavy Foot, Warriors, Open Terrain Elephants

4) “Knights or Cataphracts in Open Terrain” do both Mounted need to be in the Open or just Cats?
Could it also be worded “Open Terrain; Knights, Cataphracts”

Conforming - I am going to take a zero on this, I do not understand it. I will figure it out at Cold Wars.

Thanks, Glenn
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: Question on Combat Results

Post by Rod » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Let me try to answer...
Starting from the top; 1) “Elite Cav or Jav Cav and in Open Terrain” do both Cav need to be in Open or is just Jav Cav? Could it also be worded “Open Terrain; Elite Cav, Jav Cav”

Both
2) “Horse Bow, Battle Taxi, or Chariots and in Open Terrain” do all three need to be in Open or is it just Chariots?
Could it also be worded “Open Terrain; Elite Cav, Jav Cav, Chariots”

Both
3) “Elephants in Open Terrain Heavy Foot or Warriors” I am 95% sure you mean that the Foot does not have to be in the Open.
Could it also be worded “Heavy Foot, Warriors, Open Terrain Elephants

correct, Elephants only
4) “Knights or Cataphracts in Open Terrain” do both Mounted need to be in the Open or just Cats?
Could it also be worded “Open Terrain; Knights, Cataphracts”
Both

Look forward to seeing you at Cold Wars!
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Hammer wrote: Conforming - I am going to take a zero on this, I do not understand it. I will figure it out at Cold Wars.
Hey Glenn,

Massive changes (and improvements) coming before Cold Wars with respect to conforming, hitting stands or columns in the flank, and the like. So just as well you don't understand -- you won't have any preconceptions once the brilliant new stuff blossoms before you like a gilded chrysanthemum.
DK
Hammer
Levy

Post by Hammer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:02 pm

haha, nice. Looking forward to whatever it is you are presenting. I will be at all the training sessions on Friday and Saturday if there is room for me.

I have some more questions I am about to post in a separate thread. Thanks again for the both of you responding.

Glenn