Can units of different depths side-by-side form a group?

A place to ask specific rules questions about TRIUMPH!
Craig
Levy

Can units of different depths side-by-side form a group?

Post by Craig » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:38 am

Hello all,

I am a little confused about what constitutes a group for a group move. In 34.1 a group is defined as a set of friendly stands that is “in both edge-to-edge and corner-to-corner contact with another stand in the group.”. Does this corner-to-corner criteria require only one point of contact or does it require both corners of an edge to be in contact? For example, can stands of different depths be a group if they are side-by-side and share a flank edge and only one corner in contact?

I know a different thread asked about the definition of a group for different types of units but this was for column moves and so didn’t cover the situation described above.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Can units of different depths side-by-side form a group?

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:24 am

At least one corner, and at least part of one side (front, left, right, rear), and all facing the same way. So yes, different depths have no problem forming a group when in side (left or right) contact; they just need to be piece-wise aligned on their front corners or back corners.
DK
Craig
Levy

Re: Can units of different depths side-by-side form a group?

Post by Craig » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Thanks David. I thought this may be the case but still had doubts. Thanks for clarifying this.